Thursday, July 4, 2013

knee high by the 4th of July

i figured i would try to write this post before all the rain came. i actually got out this morning and took some pictures. below are 3 of the 15 i took. the rest can be seen on my Google+ page.



the Yankees got another win last night, 3-2. that was the 200th win of CC's career. they go for the sweep this afternoon. hopefully they can stay hot for a change.

my mother and sister are on their way to their vacation in the south. i really hope they don't encounter too much rain or shitty driving conditions. so, i'm home alone for the next 6 days or so. 20 years ago i would have been pumped. now, it's more of oh well, i can play the music a little louder i guess. i do believe i will whip out the watercolors sometime soon. i haven't done any of those in quite some time.

got my 2nd load of laundry going. wouldn't mind getting that all done before the rain comes either.

Big Brother didn't disappoint last night. the look of shock on the faces of some of the women after the first elimination was hilarious. conveniently, the shocked ones are now in power after the new head of household competition. that should make it really fun, especially if the secret guy group stays safe. so far so good for one of my few guilty pleasures.

not exactly sure what i'll be watching tonight. i think there might be some live music on one of the channels. chances are i'll be checking that out for most of the night. i might watch some fireworks, might not. the fascination of my inner child has been stomped out. most likely in my early 30's. right around the time i should have died.

these rainy days are getting to me.

i hope everyone has a great 4th of July. the corn is knee high here, so things are looking good.

music today:

Fitz And The Tantrums - More Than Just A Dream
Shooter Jennings - Put The O Back In Country

"I haven't always done a good job, and I haven't always been successful - but I know that I have tried." - George Steinbrenner


No comments:

Post a Comment