Saturday, June 2, 2012

someone told me i'd be a lousy junkie

a rather odd day. not very warm, not very much sun, but not cold. just dreary enough that i can feel impending rain in my lower back and in my head. i'm going with either old or insane.

found a new kitten today. not sure where A Boy Named Sue was hiding that one, but oh well.

got plenty of feeders out for the birds now. so, i imagine the squirrel population will of course rise. damn thieves.

i'm in a very weird head space at the moment. content yet bordering on depression. not sure which side of the fence my fat ass will fall on. i'm not feeling very creative yet something is saying i should be doing something. i always wonder about my friends on the mind drugs. do i want to go down that road? would i enjoy it? could i convince myself that the "drugged" one is the real me? would they work at all? for the first 36 years i haven't really wanted to know the answer. perhaps a good bottle of wine and Beethoven will solve all the problems i have. that has worked in the past.

oh yeah, so i guess i did wake up to a world after all. that sucks. hopefully the Yankees get healthy and i might actually enjoy my summer. or, maybe my new book comes out and people like it and buy it. that would be a nice change of pace.

or perhaps these zines that have rejected me for years will finally give in and say yes. you know who you are. fuckers.

a nice odd mix of music today. kind of fitting if you ask me.

Radiohead - Kid A
Lou Reed - Rock N Roll Animal
Johnny Cash - Unchained
The Rolling Stones - Sticky Fingers
Guided By Voices - Bee Thousand
Nina Simone - Anthology

"A man begins cutting his wisdom teeth the first time he bites off more than he can chew." - Herb Caen

No comments:

Post a Comment