Monday, December 15, 2014

a busy boy and the inevitable wait at the post office

i woke up this morning amazingly refreshed. perhaps i should do more drinking right before i go to bed. what could possibly go wrong in that scenario? i got my ass in gear and decided to get all my Christmas cards done today. so, be checking your mail boxes in a few days to see if you're a lucky one or not. my apologies to my friends and fans not in the USA, my poor ass has nothing for you this year. i'm hoping to make up for that next year. and if you think you should have gotten something from me, chances are i don't have your address or you have suddenly found out what i really think of you.

i got to the post office and i must have been the 7th or 8th person in line. god bless the guy behind the counter, he was going as fast as he could go. and, given that most of the customers were elderly, i'm surprised he still has patience left. he must love me. i know exactly how i want the shit shipped and i have cash in hand. amazingly, the last package i was waiting on for Christmas arrived today. so, now all i have is some wrapping of presents to do. i burned my sister's CD this morning, so i can actually take a breath and relax for a few moments. i think i'll do the wrapping later in the week.

i'm trailing in my fantasy football playoff game by 3 points. thankfully, i have a WR going tonight for Chicago. but, i'd love to see New Orleans actually win the game. so, if i can just get 4 points from the guy, i'll be thrilled. if that happens, i advance to the finals.

the Sunday night shows were awesome last night. The Newsroom was a reintroduction to the characters and why we as the audience care about them. it was an excellent series finale. Homeland was fucking crazy once again. i can't wait for the season finale next week. The Affair was amazing last night. the acting was top notch. and the ending was fucking perfect. that season finale next week should be great.

i was able to watch the last 5 minutes of the New York Rangers game last night after the shows ended. apparently, i didn't miss much. the Rangers won 2-0 over Edmonton. that shutout by King Henrik helped me win my fantasy hockey week 8-2. below are some highlights from the game:

tonight is my usual clusterfuck of a Monday. the season finale of The Voice starts tonight. i'm a little interested in seeing what songs they perform to try to win the show. at the same time, Monday Night Raw will be on. they are coming off a ppv that most people didn't like, so tonight should be real interesting. also, i'll be keeping an eye on the Monday Night Football game. i'd love to enjoy a late night victory beer, but i'm not getting my hopes up. later tonight i'm planning on watching the Men in Blazers show as i figure they will have some fun with the Manchester United win from over the weekend.

after all that, hopefully i'll get some sleep. i'll probably be on here tomorrow after my trip to the bank. got the first bill from my Christmas shopping today, so this deposit will be a timely one.

that's all for me today. i've got to go make dinner. frozen pizza. lovely. i do hope everyone had a great weekend. thanks again for allowing me to waste a few minutes of your precious time.

be well. be creative. be cool. be quick to send me CASH, panties, hate mail, love letters, broken promises and dirty pennies from heaven.

peace and chicken grease...

music:

Buffalo Killers - The Path Before Me
Korn - Freak on a Leash
Thriving Ivory - Angels On the Moon
The Horrors - Still Life
Wussy - Teenage Wasteland

"I'm just a simple guy swimming in a sea of sharks." - Don Johnson

if you'd like to get me something for Christmas, feel free to get me ANYTHING from my Amazon.com wish list. you'll find it on the right hand side of this blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment