Friday, October 14, 2016

genetics wins again

well, i guess my gut doesn't have shit for brains after all. if you remember, a couple days ago i said i had a feeling my doctor's appointment today was going to be more than just a check up. i got there on time and had to wait nearly 30 minutes in the waiting room. i hadn't seen the woman that took me back to the room before. there's something about the sound of high heels anymore that gets my imagination racing. she pricked my finger to get my A1C. about 10 minutes later the doctor came in and said, hey, guess what? the first thought that came to mind was oh shit. he said well, you've got type 2 diabetes. he changed my one prescription to make it twice as much as what i had been taking. that also makes it twice as much as what my mother takes for type 2 diabetes. he also said my arthritis getting worse is probably tied to the diabetes. and i need to let my eye doctor know so they can look at the results a little closer. about 10 minutes later i got a flu shot and a cup to piss in. the doctor said i could just bring it back in next week sometime. great. genetics wins again. my mother blessed with me type 2 diabetes and my father gave me mental illness and alcoholism. what more can a boy ask for? i'm really not sure how much my life is really going to change. my back is bad enough that exercise is hard enough that i'd rather die. so, i guess the goal is now not get so bad that i need insulin. but, i'm pretty sure, i have now seen a glimpse of what running down the mountain is going to be like. it's like a recent poem of mine... some wait for death, i'd rather make it a sprint.

the New York Rangers won last night 5-3 over the Islanders. other than pissing away the lead less than 5 minutes into the 3rd period, i was thrilled with how the Rangers played last night. 39 shots on goal. holy shit, a team that actually wants to shoot the puck. that will be a welcome sight this season.

Fuck, That's Delicious was excellent last night.

Better Things was very funny last night.

Vice News Tonight was great again last night. trust me, it's way better than any nightly news show you are currently watching.

i didn't watch much of the football game last night. i'm happy i had the kicker for San Diego though. i actually have a 13 point lead to start off this week for one of my fantasy teams.

enjoy some music:

and now some of this and that:

on the DVR tonight will be Vice News Tonight, NJPW and High Maintenance.

i did listen to the latest Sam Roberts Wrestling Podcast last night. if you are a fan or would like to know more about Lucha Underground, i highly encourage you to listen to this one. you can find it by going here: http://notsam.com/wrestlingpodcast/2016/10/13/wrestling-podcast-103-lucha-underground-panel

i will probably do some writing later on tonight. i have one poem swimming in my head for sure, fucking high heels.

i'll most likely be on here in the morning tomorrow. most of what i want to see tomorrow isn't until the evening.

i hope everyone has a great weekend. i certainly hope it will be better than mine.

be well. be creative. be cool. be quick to send me CASH, panties, hate mail, love letters, broken promises and dirty pennies from heaven.

peace and chicken grease...

music:

Bob Dylan - The Man In Me
Ray LaMontagne - Jolene
B0RNS - American Money
Guided by Voices - Dig Through My Window
Concrete Blonde - Tomorrow, Wendy

"Kisses are a better fate than wisdom." - e.e. cummings

and your whatever the fuck i wanted you to see video of the day:

No comments:

Post a Comment