Saturday, January 23, 2016

much to my amazement

so, my sister shocked the shit out of me yesterday. she gave me my gifts for my birthday. a funny card, a kick ass RUN DMC t-shirt and then a bag with some papers and magazines in it. i was like, ok. she then said we have a hotel room booked in Cleveland for when the Yankees will be up there. i nearly shit myself. so i guess we're going to do a little family weekend in July. i have never seen the Yankees play in person. i've been a fan since 1982. i think we're also going to try to hit up the Rock n Roll Hall of Fame, some of the breweries and restaurants up there. now, the tricky part will be getting the baseball tickets. needless to say, my 40th birthday has turned out to be much better than i thought it was going to be.

after i watched the Manchester United debacle this morning (more on that later) mom, my sister and i went out shopping. we hit Menards and found a few things we needed. the birds will be happy, that's for sure. after that, lunch. we went to the place where our cousin works as a bartender. it was my sister's first time there. i think she liked it. she ate all the food, so i guess. after that, we hit a discount store to look for more shit. more or less this is what my sister does just about every weekend. of course, she told me shit has to be 60% off before she'll leave her condo.

i got a sign today that says a clean house is a sign of a wasted life. i proudly put that fucker up in my room.

last night, the New York Rangers continued their mastery over Carolina. with the 4-1 win, they have now won 19 of the last 20 against them. in bigger news, with the win they have now won 2 games in a row for the first time since before Thanksgiving. thank fucking god.
they play tomorrow at Ottawa. thankfully, they didn't get stuck in the storm.

after that, i watched Dateline with my sister. she loves these kind of shows. Treehouse Masters was really good last night. the English cottage looked great. NJPW was excellent as well.

so this morning i woke up and really thought Manchester United was going to play good today. silly me. for some reason (injuries i suppose) LVG went with a back 3, which always means a back 5 because they have to possess before they can move forward. when Southampton scored late to win the game 1-0 (most likely karma for the Liverpool win) i was fucking furious. this was as dreadful as United has played all fucking season. how LVG keeps his job now is beyond me. there are plenty of people, including ones on the bench, that could be doing a better job.

enjoy some music kids:

and now some of this and that:

on the DVR tonight will be Whitney Cummings HBO Special, Saturday Night Live and ROH.

i really hope everyone had a great Saturday. i'd love to get a long nap in, but i know that's not going to happen.

i will probably be on here early tomorrow, before the football games, the Royal Rumble, the return of The X-Files and god knows whatever else is going on tomorrow.

be well. be creative. be cool. be quick to send me CASH, panties, hate mail, love letters, broken promises and dirty pennies from heaven.

peace and chicken grease...

music:

Empire of the Sun - Walking On a Dream
Houndmouth - Sedona
Chris Stapleton - Tennessee Whiskey

"By not going to school I learned that the world is a beautiful place and needs to be discovered." - Rutger Hauer

and your whatever the fuck i wanted you to see video of the day:


No comments:

Post a Comment